Monday, January 21, 2013

Syncing Opera

Opera on first run.

Almost everyone owns multiple devices today: phones, tablets and computers all have their specific purposes. And we all use the Internet for almost everything. Which makes it nice for us to be able to sync our bookmarks, history, notes and whatnot. Chrome, Firefox, Opera and most other browsers offer methods of syncing all your devices. I will go through syncing my Joli computer with my other computers. I customize my browser allot. I need my search engines synced.
Go to the computer which has the customized opera. Click on the Opera logo in the upper left corner and select "Synchronize Opera," then "enable synchronization". Log into My Opera or creat an account. Next, you need to do the same thing in the Opera browser you just installed. Click "I already Have an account and log in. Then you will see a screen asking you what you want to sync. Check everything you wish to be synced between your different browsers, and click "finish." Your web browsing experience will be the same on all devices. Unfortunately, Opera does not sync themes or extensions, so you will have to do that manually. However, Opera Link is very handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment. Keep it nice, polite and on topic. You may link to a site if it contains content relates to the content of whatever post you are commenting on. You may link to a site that only uses, for example, HTML5 video. Remember, on topic!